Service Delivery Charter
The Purpose of our service charter
At Kenya Reinsurance Corporation, we are constantly striving to improve our service levels and to foster closer relationships with all our customers wherever they are.
This service charter is an expression and manifestation of our commitment to improving our service and ways of communicating with our customers.
This service charter sets out the standard the customers can expect from us, explains how they can obtain information and how to let us know if they have concerns and offer us advice on how they can help us to serve them better.
The hallmark of this service charter is our promise to provide consistent professional and high-quality service. This means that at all times:
• Our clients will be treated with courtesy and consideration and our staff will be helpful at all
• Customer questions and needs will be attended to promptly.
• We will exercise the utmost integrity in providing services to our clients.
• We will not disclose any information that may adversely affect our clients without
their consent, except where we are under legal obligation to disclose.
Our service commitment includes and applies to everything we do or undertake to perform, whether it is our letters, documentations, communications, undertakings, disclosures or other services provided by our own people, agents, brokers, intermediaries, licensees and contractors.
Customer Service Standards
We aim to provide a high quality, value for money service to our clients at all times. Our standards assist us in achieving this. We do promise to: -
• Meet our customers’ needs by providing a service that meets their needs.
• Act always in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
• Always ensure that professional presentation of our people, staff, facilities and equipment.
Considering the “Information age” in which we live, an environment that leads to high demands and expectations for services, Kenya Reinsurance Corporation adopts an imaginative, innovative and flexible response to meeting our customers’ needs by identifying the needs and identifying ourselves with the needs too.
Kenya Reinsurance Corporation Limited has consultative mechanisms including regular meetings with the clients. We look forward to continuing our close working relationships with our customers and extending those relationships as widely as possible.
To the Clients we will:
• Continue to provide products and customized services to the clients and society at affordable prices/costs within one year of receipt of such requests for a specific cover.
• Establish a suggestion box and “may I help you” positions to cater for customer information needs at the head office.
• Based on the experience and competence levels at Kenya Reinsurance Corporation, we will respond to all commercially viable insurance/reinsurance requirements of the public, which have not been available within one year from the date on which such demand is made.
• Prepare booklets on treaty wordings, covers for cedants to execute where we are leading within two weeks from the date of receipt of such offers.
• Sign the treaty slips within twenty four (24) working hours of receipt.
• Promote customer/client education and relationship building by holding workshops from time to time, both locally and internationally.
• Settle all claims within 3 working days on completion of all requirements.
• Appoint relationship managers to follow up on particular clients’ issues.
• Collect returns from the market within sixty (60) days from the close of the quarter.
• Confirm quarterly returns within seven (7) days of the receipt of the same to staff.
• To hold monthly management meetings.
• Hold quarterly departmental meetings.
• Effectively delegate, empower and establish a follow-up and feedback process.
• Internalize team spirit and leadership training.
• Have a regular feedback on staff performance, conduct quarterly appraisals and develop a performance rating appraisals.
What you can expect from us:
• We will respond to all letters within two (2) working days, or inform you if it is going to take longer. This may be by telephone, email or writing.
• We will respond to emails within 24 hours or tell you if it is going to take longer.
• We will answer telephones within three (3) rings.
• We will see clients/visitors within 5 minutes of your arrival or tell you if it is going to take longer.
• We will be friendly helpful and attentive.
• We will respect peoples’ differences and treat everybody fairly and to the same high standard.
• We will not make promises we cannot keep.
What we expect from our clients:
We ask that you apply the same standards of behavior towards our staff and other customers as you expect from us.
Tell us about our service
We will regularly consult customers to find out how satisfied they are with the level of service we provide and how we can improve.
If we do something well, please tell us. We welcome comments and suggestions you may have about our service.
If we are doing something wrong, please tell us. This will give us a chance to put things right.
If you want to make a complaint about something we have done, or failed to do, please let us know straight away.
This service charter will be reviewed after every three years taking into consideration of the changing business environment.
You can download a signed Service Charter from this link: Service Delivery Charter