- How many shares does Kenya Re have and who are the main shareholders ?
- What is Kenya Re’s dividend policy ?
- When and where will be the next AGM
- How can I take part in the AGM
- How does one transfer a deceased shareholder’s shares to the beneficiaries ?
- What is the process for replacing lost share certificates ?
- What is the process of replacing lost dividend warrants or cheques ?
- Who is the Corporation’s Share Registrar and how do we contact them ?
- Where can I pick the proxy forms ?
- What time will the AGM start
The numbers of shares are 600,000,000. The Kenya Government has the majority shareholding of 360, 000,000 (60%) while the remainder (40%) 240,000,000 is held by the public.For the other major shareholders and the number of shareholders you have to get the latest report from the Corporation’s Share Registrar, M/s Image Registrars Limited.
Kenya Re has a dividend policy that corresponds with its new status as a public listed Corporation. The policy allows a dividend payout ratio of 30% which is similar to those of companies in the related industry (insurance sector)
Kenya Re’s next AGM date and venue will be communicated through the press. However, Kenya Re AGMs are normally held in the month of June every year.
All Kenya Re shareholders are eligible to attend the AGM annually and if they want to vie for directorship, they may do so as long as they have given due notice to the company of their intention to do so.
Transfer of shares
This basically means the transfer of shares from the Estate of a deceased shareholder to a beneficiary.
The following would be required:
- A certified copy of the Confirmation of Grant of Probate / Grant of Letters of Administration. If a Grant has been issued outside Kenya, it must further undergo the resealing process by the High Court of Kenya, at the shareholders cost, in accordance with the Laws of Succession in Kenya.
- Share Transfer form duly signed by both the Executor / Administrator of the Estate of the deceased and transferee / beneficiary, in the presence of a Commissioner for Oaths / Notary Public
- A certified copy of the Death Certificate
- Original Share Certificates
- A certified copy of the Executor’s / Administrator’s passport
- A certified copy of the beneficiary’s passport (if not the same as the executor/administrator)
- In cases of both the transfer of shares as a gift and transfer of shares by transmission, after the requisite documents are presented to the Corporation’s Share Registrar, M/s Image Registrars Limited to facilitate.
- A request for replacement must be in writing
- An Indemnity form for lost share certificates will be issued to the shareholder for execution in the presence of an Advocate / Notary Public.
- The Indemnity form should thereafter be mailed back to the Company together with a certified copy of the shareholder’s passport.
- A new share certificate will thereafter be issued and forwarded to the shareholder
- The request for replacement must be made in writing
- An Indemnity form for lost warrants will be issued to the shareholder for completion in the presence of a witness and returned to the Company together with the shareholder’s passport.
- Duplicate dividend warrants will thereafter be issued and paid in accordance with the shareholder’s instructions.
The Corporation’s Share Registrar is M/s Image Registrars Limited. They could be contacted at
8th Floor Transnational Plaza, Mama Ngina Street, :
9287- 00100 GPO, Nairobi, Kenya|
+254 20 2230330/2212065/2246449
Direct Line: 020-2105157/ +254 724 699 667/ +254 735 565 666/ +254 770 052 116
Fax: +254 20 2212120.
From the Image Registrars, Kenya Re Offices, or from our website url
For any queries, write to firstname.lastname@example.org
It will start at 8am and end at 1pm